Some areas in the Beaumont-Cherry Valley Water District service area could experience
Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) events over the next few days, including many of the BCVWD facilities.
Your water service could be impacted if power shutoffs affect our ability to pump water and operate the delivery system. When there is a high risk of wildfire due to weather conditions, including wind, Southern California Edison (SCE) may shut off power to prevent ignition from the electric system.
We are urging all BCVWD customers, even those not affected, to conserve water in the event of a power shutoff. Conserving water is essential to easing the load on backup generators and ensuring we have an adequate supply for firefighting, drinking water and other vital needs.
In the event of a water service impact, BCVWD will share information via our alert system. This includes updates to the District’s website, automatic email notifications and a message on the phone system notifying those who call the District’s phone number at (951) 845-9581. Customers can sign up to receive email notifications here: bcvwd.org/email-notifications.
How You Can Help
Residents can help by taking preventative steps to prepare for wildfires and potential water service outages.
Fire Prevention Tips
- Remove brush from around your home
- Use fire-resistant materials if you build, renovate, or make repairs
- Create a fire-resistant zone of at least 30 feet from your home that is free of leaves, debris, or flammable items
Water Conservation Tips During Emergency Situations
- Turn off sprinklers
- Shower only if necessary, and avoid baths
- Run the dishwasher and washing machine only when necessary
- Avoid watering outside, washing vehicles, filling swimming pools and flushing the toilet after each use
Find more conservation tips here.