Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

SB 998

Due to a new law called The Water Shutoff Protection Act, SB 998 (Dodd), the State has mandated that all large water Districts in California update their policies regarding low-income customers or occupants who are delinquent on their water bills. Customers or occupants will have more time between the billing date and the shut-off date and will be able to temporarily avoid discontinuation of residential water service for nonpayment by signing up for a payment plan or filing a formal appeal on the bill. The following is a summary of the Beaumont-Cherry Valley Water District’s (BCVWD) updated delinquency policy, which goes into effect on February 1, 2020.

Click here to read BCVWD’s updated delinquency policy.

How do I Sign up For a Payment Plan?
A customer who is financially unable to pay their water bill within the normal payment period may request a payment plan to avoid having their water shut off. If approved by BCVWD, the applicant must sign an agreement to pay the delinquent balance in installments over a period to be determined by the District and agreed to by the customer. Multiple payment plans are not allowed. If a customer or occupant violates the payment plan agreement, BCVWD will provide a five-day notice before shutting off the water service.
Self-Certification Form / Payment Plan Request

Occupants/Tenants Becoming Customers
In the past, only legal-deeded property owners have been BCVWD customers. Under the new law, occupants or tenants will have the ability to become BCVWD customers as well. In order to become a customer, an occupant or tenant must agree to the terms and conditions of service and meet the requirements of applicable law and the District’s rules.

Language Translation
BCVWD will provide key information related to its updated discontinuation of service policy in the following languages: English, Spanish, Chinese, Tagalog, Vietnamese and Korean.

Help us Help you: Please Update Your Contact Information
In order to help BCVWD staff provide you with excellent customer service and contact you in the event of an emergency, we encourage you to make sure your contact information is up to date. You are welcome to call us at any time to verify your email address, home phone and mobile phone are up to date. You can reach a customer service representative with the District by calling (951) 845-9581.

How Can I Appeal my Bill?
Customers or occupants may submit a written bill dispute or appeal to the District within 15 calendar days of receiving the disputed bill or by the due date printed on the original statement. The District will not shut off water service to a customer or occupant if there is a pending appeal. Late appeals will not be considered.
Appeal Form

Back to top
The owner of this website has made a commitment to accessibility and inclusion, please report any problems that you encounter using the contact form on this website. This site uses the WP ADA Compliance Check plugin to enhance accessibility.