In March of 1919, the Beaumont Irrigation District was formed by a vote of the people in the community under the Wright Act of 1897. Following a year of investigation and negotiations with Mr. C.B. Eyer and his partner, Mr. K.R. Smoot, the Beaumont Irrigation District purchased the holdings of the Beaumont Land and Water Company and San Gorgonio Land and Water Company. The agreement to purchase was dated December of 1920. The Beaumont Land and Water Company and San Gorgonio Land and Water Company became a public agency known as the Beaumont Irrigation District. The district capital improvements included new water mains and additional wells to increase the service capabilities of the system. Throughout the 1920’s, the District explored the Edgar Canyon and Noble Canyon areas, drilling and exploring for additional groundwater. 35 wells were drilled on canyon lands to increase service reliability
BCVWD is considered a special district and conducts its business similar to other public agencies with noticed open meetings and proceedings.